April 20, 2013

Soul Surfer: ACTUALLY BY BETHANY HAMLITON

Soul Surfer

We all know who Bethany Hamilton is right? You've probably seen the movie (or parts of it), but have you read the book? You better have! I could write 10+ pages on how great this book and Bethany are. But, so you have time to go to the library and get it, I won't.

Author: Bethany Hamilton

Age Level: 6+

Target Audience: ANYONE

Stars: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
(I don't even know how to say that numbers!;)

Violence: .0(I know, its about a shark attack, but she makes it sooo not scary)

Pages: 213

Main Character: Bethany Hamilton

My Opinion:
Well, I think you know I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!

From the book:
I didn't even scream.
Some people say to me, “Weren't you terrified?” “Didn't you think you'd be eaten alive?” I guess that would be the normal reaction, but it wasn't mine. Maybe I was in shock or denial; maybe I was on autopilot. I'm not really sure, but when I look back on it now, I'm glad of one thing: I'm glad I never saw the shark closing in on me. I'm glad I never had more than a split second to wrap my brain around the fact that I was being attacked. If I had, I'm not sure I'd be able to to live with the nightmares or ever go back in the water again . . .

I would do a lot of things (not everything) for someone to read this book. It's an amazing book and I hope you agree with me. :)

Enjoy,
Adelaide

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Adelaide. I've been planning to get this book. But keep forgetting. Now that you did this AWESOME report, I canNOT forget to get this book! Thanks girlie!

    ~Abrielle Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!
We love comments and would LOVE to hear if you have read this or have made the craft and how it turned out.