April 13, 2014

Silent Tears


Title: Silent Tears

Stars: 5++++

Age Level: Depends on when you can stand to read something so heartbreaking. I think about 11+

What I thought:

First, I would like to thank Leah with all my heart for giving me a copy of this book. 

Silent Tears is probably the bast book I ever read. One of the best.

Kay Bratt goes to China with her husband and youngest daughter with two goals. To keep a diary and help the children at an orphanage. 

She does both. 

This book is an amazing insight of a Chinese orphanage. But she assures us that this is only her experience. That some orphanage really are loving, caring, and kind.

Silent Tears is a book that I would recommend to everyone who has the slightest attraction to orphans. This book will break your heart, but be restored when you find out that just a little love can go an unbelievably long way.

And for those of you who have read the book and don't know that Xiao Gau WAS adopted, I just told you. =) 

2 comments:

Please comment!
We love comments and would LOVE to hear if you have read this or have made the craft and how it turned out.